You guys! This is one of my favorite dishes ever… It’s always a little too spicy for Bear, but eventually I’ll get it just right. Anyway… I found it on PInterest and it’s one the first meals I ever made for him, even before we moved in together.
There are a ton of these out there, but this one is my favorite because it’s got cream cheese AND cheddar. And you know you can’t go wrong with more cheese! Also, it calls for Panko breadcrumbs, which I really love. They’re so crunchier and tastier than regular breadcrumbs.
I got it from Elly Says Opa. (Great name, if you ask me.) Here’s the link. I think this recipe is one of the better jalapeno chicken recipes because of the reasons mentioned above, and also because you basically toast the panko before you put it on the chicken. Gives it a little extra crunch!
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cream cheese
- chopped jalapenos
- chicken breasts, cut to almost butterfly
- 1 egg
- canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Tenderize and then cut in half (almost completely butterfly) two chicken breasts.
- MIx cream cheese, cheddar and chopped jalapenos in a bowl and set aside.
- Place canola oil and Panko into a skillet and saute, stirring often. Add in cumin. (Her recipe calls for taco seasoning, which I didn’t have… So ground cumin to the rescue!) Once nice and toasty (should be brown in color) set aside.
- Crack an egg in a shallow bowl to get ready for dredging. Stuff your chicken breasts with your cream cheese mixture evenly, then drag through the egg until evenly coated. Then cover with the toasted panko. Repeat with the other chicken breast.
- Cook in oven at 375 for 25 minutes. (She says a baking rack must be used, but I just used a cooking sheet. No big deal. Still delish!)